Alfred [* the butler *] holds 1/2 hide in 'STANTON' from the Count [of Mortain]. Edwy held it before 1066.
Land for 6 ploughs. In lordship 2 and a half ploughs; 5 slaves; 3 villagers and 8 smallholders with 3 and a half ploughs. Meadow, 24 acres; pasture, 2 and a half leagues; woodland, 2 furlongs.
The value was and is 60s.Domesday Book, 1086
STANTON-ST. GABRIEL, a parish in Bridport district, Dorset; on the coast, 4 miles W by S of Bridport r. station. Post town, Bridport. Acres, 1,242; of which 190 are water. Rated property, £855. Pop., 75. Houses, 15. The living is a p. curacy annexed to Whitchurch-Canonicorum. The church was built in 1841.J. M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72,
There's a fleshier timeline here.